There are lots of states that charge unique fees. It can be hard to keep up with all of them, right?! Don't worry, LodeStar has your back! See below a quick rundown of all the states specific fees. Click on the individual fee name to get more information.
Section C Fees:
- Texas Guaranty Fee: $2 - $4
- Illinois State Policy Fee: $3 - $6
- Indiana Title Enforcement Fund Fee (TIEFF): $5
- Iowa Guaranty Fee: $175
- Washington State Sales Tax: Certain percentage per county
- North Carolina Commitment Fee: $10
- Kentucky Premium Tax: This is a percentage rate of premiums for both refinances and purchases.
- Hawaii General Excise Tax: Certain percentage per county
Section E Fees:
- Georgia Residential Mortgage Act (GRMA): $10
- California Affordable Housing Recording Fee: $75 per doc with a max of $225.
- New York and New Jersey Mansion Tax: additional 1% of total consideration. Only applies if the purchase price is over $1 million.
- Nassau County Tax Map Verification Fee: $355
- Massachusetts Declaration of HomeStead Fee: $35
- Minnesota Conservation Fee: $5
- Indiana Auditors Transfer Fee: $10 per parcel
- Massachusetts Islands Land Bank Tax: 3% surcharge
- New Hampshire LCHIP Fee: $25
- Maryland Lien Certificates: Fee amount varies per county
If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.